Great reel for big water & big fish...
Fishing with narrow reels has gained popularity in the United States. Narrow spool reels offer advantages when when jigging with light metal jigs. Narrow spools require less attention to minding a level wind when reeling in. Narrow spools are also easier to stop with your thumb when you get strikes on the drop helping to reduce backlash and overruns which often result in lost fishing during the untangling process.
The Gomexus SX450 has a durable precision machined, lightweight one-piece body structure built to withstand tough saltwater conditions. The top quality carbon fiber drag system delivers exceptional power and smooth operation. The 2 Roller Anti-reverse bearings ensure fluid cranking. The expertly machined aluminum spool; which is both sturdy and compact, make for a larger line capacity, up to 490 yds of 30lb braided line. This reel is designed and crafted to provide years of service and haul the biggest game fish over the rail fishing trip after fishing trip.
- Gear Ratio: 6.3:1
- Bearings: 9BB+2RB
- Light Weight: 15oz/430g
- Max Strike: 66lbs with silky HT-100 carbon drag washer
- Braided Line Capacity: 490yds/30lb, 300yds/50lb
- Retrieve Per Crank: 46" / 118cm
- Precision machined marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight; Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set, ratcheting glide plate, and strike stop button.
- Reliable dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness, and wear resistance.